Skip to main content

Not just Pro Birth

This is not really meant to be a political post, but instead more of a plea. A plea for the children of the world. For those who don't know I am childless, yet that doesn't mean that I don't care for the plight of children. I see many people who talk about keeping children alive, but then nothing else. What were left with is a bunch of children alive and suffering.
     Some suffer because they have no one to take care of them. Others because the people who are supposed to take care of them don't. That's why I applaud all those out there that take care of your children and have the heart and will to take care of the children of others.
     By now everyone is like "Yeah we know", same old story but your not talking about me. Are you sure I'm not talking about you? Yes you made a child and 'maybe' you take care of them, but what are you doing with them. Are you being a parent? Are you spending quality time with them?
     That's why this blog is not political. This plea is not pro or anti abortion, a plea for adoption, or guide to parenting. I'm not raising kids and can't claim to know about it, but I do know that anyone and anything wants love. Everybody wants attention, most especially children. If you can't make the time to spend with your child then why even have them? Children don't ask to come into this world, you bring them here. They need food, shelter, protection, but that is not the end of it. They need to be taught right and wrong, and how to survive in this world. When your not there to do this then something else will. Something like the TV, the school, or whoever does spend time with them. Whatever raises them, its not you!
     Whatever you got going on in life, if your putting that before the child then once again, why have them? People out there are fighting ex spouses just so they can spend time with a child, and some are fighting international legal battles just to be in their child's life.
     So I know as always your going to say, you don't have kids so you don't know nothing. Well guess what if you aren't spending time with yours then you don't have any kids either you just have dependents, and you don't know nothing either. Cause if you did then you would know how much your missing out on, and how many childless people wish they had the opportunity that you are wasting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Covers

 So for my series LIGHT & DARK I've decided to go with a simple cover and keep a consistent look throughout the series. Here are a couple of potential covers for the first book 'MONSTERS'. All feedback is appreciated! 1.           2.   3.           4.  

FAILURE (Personal)

Throughout my life I have had failures. Anyone that saw me try to play basketball, run track, and wrestle in high school can attest that my athletic career was a failure. I took test in school that I should have got an 'A' on if I had studied and applied myself, and the times I didn't prepare and didn't get an 'A' I consider it a failure. Even more so in the academic realm, I never finished my bachelor's degree in Engineering. Just years worth of credits sitting in limbo to remind me of my failure to finish when many people made sacrifices so I could achieve a higher education. As many know I have never been married and have no children, which I also consider to be a failure on my part. Most importantly, in my walk I have committed sins knowing that it separates my from my savior. Doing it in full knowledge of what Jesus did for me. I have been a failure at living the life that he wants me to live. I say these things to let you know that I understand failure

For the Love of the Game

So I am a fan of sports, in particular track and field. Now I am not a fanatic. I watch sports and have even tried to play some, but I just enjoy it. It is not anywhere near a priority in life. I probably would have it higher on my list if I had ever been any good at something I played, but unfortunately I was not meant to be an athlete.      Alright enough pontificating, my big word for the day. Time to get to the heart of this post which is playing sports. I feel that everyone should because it helps you become part of a team in many instances, which we all are whether we realize it or not. It also teaches life lessons in perseverance, dealing with stress, improving yourself, setting goals, winning, losing, and how you grow from all the experiences you will have while playing.      Most importantly in sports is the notion of playing fair. I don't care if the person or team I like losses, well that is not completely true, but no matter if they do I just want it to be fair. I