Skip to main content

RED ALERT!

So a few weeks ago I shared something from the Bible with someone, because I heard some things they were saying and thought the scripture could help them as it has helped me. I shared it with them because I believed that they appreciated the word of God. So I have thought to share the scripture in a blog post. For those who believe in the Bible it will and should have meaning to you and hopefully make you look at your life. I know it has made me look at my life and the things I say and do. Even if you don't believe in the Bible I still hope you read this post and give it some thought.
     In the highly charged political climate in the United States it has become common place for people to use abusive and hateful language towards people who don't agree with them. I have even heard people wish death and destruction upon people they feel oppose their political views. It has even honestly gone beyond speaking, to the point that people have been physically threatened, assaulted, and even killed over politics. Now I am not speaking about one end of the political spectrum or the other, I am talking about all people. 
     Many if not most of the people doing this claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, claim to know and cherish the Bible. So I would like to share a few scriptures that might make those people examine their priorities in life and the things they are saying and doing. I would encourage reading all of first John if you have the time, but here are a couple of specific passages I want to look at.

1 John 3:14-15 14We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 
1 John 4:19-21 19We love him, because he first loved us. 20If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

     So what I want to give people a RED ALERT, because we are letting things like politics bring us into a hateful state of mind. This is in opposition to what we as Christians are being called to do. We are called to love. The Bible compares those that hate their brothers to murderers, and says that such people don't have eternal life in them. It also says that if you say you love God and hate your brother, you are a liar. This is why I felt a need to write this as a reminder, not just for others but also for myself. I can't let the current level of discontent and lack of civility strain my relationship with my savior. I have to watch myself so that I don't fall into this world's state of hatred, and be doomed along with it.
     Despite what the world does, we still need to love, we still need to pray for one another not curse one another. We still need to show kindness to people, not hatred. When you feel the love from above you want to share that all the time, and with everyone no matter who or what they are. You can't be all about love on Sunday morning, and then spend the rest of the day posting hateful and vile things on the internet and think you have a good relationship with God. You can't sing loud and shout amen in worship service and then spend the week screaming and shouting hate and attacking people.
     So I encourage us all to examine ourselves and make sure we are in a good place mentally and emotionally where we can disagree with people but still love them. A place where we spend time studying about Jesus life and spreading his word instead of spending all our time learning about politics and spreading talking points and conspiracy theories to our friends and families.
     I also warn you to examine yourselves and make sure you truly are in a good place spiritually with God. The things of this world are not worth you separating yourself from him. Being cheered by your co-workers, or neighbors, or getting likes on Facebook for hateful speech and actions could make you feel good here on the earth, but could endanger your standing in the afterlife.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Covers

 So for my series LIGHT & DARK I've decided to go with a simple cover and keep a consistent look throughout the series. Here are a couple of potential covers for the first book 'MONSTERS'. All feedback is appreciated! 1.           2.   3.           4.  

For the Love of the Game

So I am a fan of sports, in particular track and field. Now I am not a fanatic. I watch sports and have even tried to play some, but I just enjoy it. It is not anywhere near a priority in life. I probably would have it higher on my list if I had ever been any good at something I played, but unfortunately I was not meant to be an athlete.      Alright enough pontificating, my big word for the day. Time to get to the heart of this post which is playing sports. I feel that everyone should because it helps you become part of a team in many instances, which we all are whether we realize it or not. It also teaches life lessons in perseverance, dealing with stress, improving yourself, setting goals, winning, losing, and how you grow from all the experiences you will have while playing.      Most importantly in sports is the notion of playing fair. I don't care if the person or team I like losses, well that is not completely true, but no matter if they do I just want it to be fair. I

THRONES I

In a far away land there was an Empire with a population that was divided on how the society should be run and who should rule them. Because of the division, very distinct groups formed over time. Nearly half wanted to keep with tradition, while an almost identical sized part of the population favored forgetting the past. The first group was called Traditionalist and the second group was called Progressivist. There is a third smaller group, Indies, that see the value in maintaining traditions, but also knows that without progress there will be stagnation, which has been the downfall of many Empires.       For a long time the Empire had been the unchallenged power of their world, but in the last few decades that preeminence was slipping. It was a time of peril for the land as crops did not produce as they had before. Many lost their farms and homes and had to beg for help so they would not perish. A seemingly never ending war against an enemy, that could be in lands far and wide or