Skip to main content

The Devil's Advocate I



Image result for the devil's advocate


Recently I was told that people don't really know where I stand on many issues. They say I play "Devil's Advocate" too much, and its a fair criticism because I do. Why do I do it, because people rarely think and I am trying to get them to actually engage and expand their minds. My true thoughts and feelings can get lost in that process though and I thought I would share a brief simple rundown of my stance on a few things and people. I will of course take all comments and criticisms!

GUNS

ownership = responsibility
responsibility = knowledge, skill, purpose, Owning a Safe!

**Would just like to add "If you live by the sword, you die by the sword"**


DRUGS

Many have medicinal uses (including Marijuana), if your just getting high then JUST SAY NO. Also being hooked on prescription drugs is the same as 'HARD DRUGS' your still a drug addict


ALCOHOL

If you have to drink then you should stop because you have a problem. 
Being drunk all the time is not something to aspire to, be of sober mind.


POLITICS

If 'YOU' the person are defined by your political affiliation then your hooked into the "Matrix". No party is doing "Gods work" or making the world a better place. People have let politics become their religion.


WORK

If you are able then you need to have a job. Work smarter not just harder.


LANGUAGE

Americans should aspire to learn English for everyday use in our society. People should expand their vocabulary and learn other languages as well. As our world becomes more connected it is necessary. Speaking intelligently and respectfully should be preferred over loud and rude,

**Also just because you don't curse it doesn't mean you're a good person or smarter than anyone**


SCIENCE

Cannot solve or explain everything, but can't be wholly discarded because of your religious or political ideology. Fire still burns whether you choose to believe in it or not.


MUSIC

Rap is not crap, but a lot of today's is very generic and overuses cussing and the 'N' word. Country has become pop with a southern sound to it. Bad behavior is encouraged in all forms of music, it is just hidden better in some and more explicit in others. We need to value people that actually know music and play instruments instead of those that just look good. It wouldn't hurt if  more people tried listening to jazz, blues, reggae, classical, and bluegrass. 

**For those that have an expanded music palette don't act snooty about it**


SPORTS

Track & Field is the truest of all sports. It is the ultimate test and expression of our abilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Covers

 So for my series LIGHT & DARK I've decided to go with a simple cover and keep a consistent look throughout the series. Here are a couple of potential covers for the first book 'MONSTERS'. All feedback is appreciated! 1.           2.   3.           4.  

Wisdom From My Grandfather

My grandfather died when I was six years old, so I didn't get to know him for very long. He has lived on with the life lessons he taught my mother. She recently shared one of them with me. She told me something he shared with her when she was growing up. He told her that her and her sisters were all pretty girls and smart as well. Men/boys would be after them, but they shouldn't just put up with or accept one that didn't treat them right.      So with that said I want to briefly talk about something that I think is important, especially for women, and that is self-esteem. I have been close to many women throughout my life, whether as friends, family, or relationships, and something I have come to recognize is that I have known way too many that have low self-esteem.      First off let me share something I heard a comedian say, self-esteem is how you feel about yourself, other people really can't change that unless you let them. To all the women out there, please know

Preview of Monsters

  Here is a sneak preview of my new book Monsters. I hope you enjoy and be looking out for the eBook being available in the next few days on Amazon and the print edition in the next few weeks. Tucked away on the outskirts of the town of Nairabba is the closest thing to a den of iniquity in all of Kwandu. The Flat Wheeled Wagon Tavern is suited for and was created too, serve traders passing through this part of Kwandu who are looking for a discrete good time. The tavern is away enough from the eyes of all the proper town’s people that it can raise a ruckus and straddle lines of impropriety without bothering anyone. Everyone, including the local priest, knows what goes on in the tavern, but chooses to look the other way. This is probably because secretly a number of the high ranking and influential townsfolk are frequent guest of the establishment. Also as far as the Institute and its priest are concerned, the Flat Wheel as it’s commonly called, does not overtly break any of the most imp