Skip to main content

Wisdom From My Grandfather

My grandfather died when I was six years old, so I didn't get to know him for very long. He has lived on with the life lessons he taught my mother. She recently shared one of them with me. She told me something he shared with her when she was growing up. He told her that her and her sisters were all pretty girls and smart as well. Men/boys would be after them, but they shouldn't just put up with or accept one that didn't treat them right.
     So with that said I want to briefly talk about something that I think is important, especially for women, and that is self-esteem. I have been close to many women throughout my life, whether as friends, family, or relationships, and something I have come to recognize is that I have known way too many that have low self-esteem.
     First off let me share something I heard a comedian say, self-esteem is how you feel about yourself, other people really can't change that unless you let them. To all the women out there, please know that you are beautiful, smart, funny, kind, spiritual, and don't need other people to define you or make you feel better about yourself. Its really up to you to recognize who you are and how you feel about yourself.
     I say these things because I am tired of seeing people out here feeling down about themselves, letting others make them feel down. Then they let people in their lives who do nothing for them but take, but in some small way they make the person feel just a little better. I am just here to tell you the truth that being alone can suck at times, but being with people or in a relationship with someone who is only taking and not giving is not any better for you. When you ain't got nothing left, or they find somebody else they can take more from, your going to be the one left hurting mentally, spiritually, and physically.
     I just can't stand seeing women with some man that ain't working, don't got nothing, ain't like out saving the world or something, doesn't do or say positive things to them, but they put up with him because not being alone boost their self-esteem. I know that if they truly felt good about themselves they wouldn't let anyone in their life that wasn't adding something, because that is how people who feel good about themselves act. We don't got time for negative, we always about keeping it positive.
     I just want everyone to know, especially the ladies out there, that The Most High wants you to have a blessed life. Your father in heaven believes in you, and you need to believe in yourself as well. Don't settle for living in the mud with pigs. We should all want the best for each other, more than for ourselves, but realize that everybody doesn't believe that. Most want the best for themselves only. If you attach yourself to people that don't want the best for you, that don't sacrifice for you like you do for them, then you are not with someone who is treating you right, and as my grandfather would tell you if he could "You don't need to put up with that".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Covers

 So for my series LIGHT & DARK I've decided to go with a simple cover and keep a consistent look throughout the series. Here are a couple of potential covers for the first book 'MONSTERS'. All feedback is appreciated! 1.           2.   3.           4.  

THRONES I

In a far away land there was an Empire with a population that was divided on how the society should be run and who should rule them. Because of the division, very distinct groups formed over time. Nearly half wanted to keep with tradition, while an almost identical sized part of the population favored forgetting the past. The first group was called Traditionalist and the second group was called Progressivist. There is a third smaller group, Indies, that see the value in maintaining traditions, but also knows that without progress there will be stagnation, which has been the downfall of many Empires.       For a long time the Empire had been the unchallenged power of their world, but in the last few decades that preeminence was slipping. It was a time of peril for the land as crops did not produce as they had before. Many lost their farms and homes and had to beg for help so they would not perish. A seemingly never ending war against an enemy, that could be in lands far and wide or

For the Love of the Game

So I am a fan of sports, in particular track and field. Now I am not a fanatic. I watch sports and have even tried to play some, but I just enjoy it. It is not anywhere near a priority in life. I probably would have it higher on my list if I had ever been any good at something I played, but unfortunately I was not meant to be an athlete.      Alright enough pontificating, my big word for the day. Time to get to the heart of this post which is playing sports. I feel that everyone should because it helps you become part of a team in many instances, which we all are whether we realize it or not. It also teaches life lessons in perseverance, dealing with stress, improving yourself, setting goals, winning, losing, and how you grow from all the experiences you will have while playing.      Most importantly in sports is the notion of playing fair. I don't care if the person or team I like losses, well that is not completely true, but no matter if they do I just want it to be fair. I