Skip to main content

More of HIM and less of ME

So I was thinking about some things and people in my life, and how I am perceived and perceive myself. I spend a lot of time alone so it gives me a chance to reflect on who I am, and who people think I am. The longer I live the more I see just how easy it is to only think of myself and my own desires. Perhaps much of my life has been lived doing just that. So when people think or maybe I start to think that I'm a great person, I have to take a step back and reflect. In my reflection this prose of sorts came into my mind.
   
     You should be glad that its not ME. You see ME is very concerned about growing his finances, and they don't grow when you give money away. If it were up to ME then anyone that asked for money would be laughed at and mocked for thinking I would work hard so they could get it for nothing. ME would never give money to people anyway since they probably won't even appreciate it. 
     You should be thankful that its not ME. You see ME is concerned about his own happiness. ME would never let things or people in his life that are negative, so ME would only associate with people that could do something that makes his life better.
     You should be praying that its not ME. You see ME wants to rule the world and make things work the way he thinks it should. ME would eliminate the people he doesn't like or thinks are of no use. ME has no forgiveness and would punish any that dared do him wrong, with swift retribution. 
     What you need to understand about ME though is that their is HIM. You see HIM will make ME give to those in need and be charitable with money, not seeking even the slightest of acknowledgement. HIM will cause ME to think about the happiness of others and be self-less not selfish, even enduring pain to ease the suffering of others. HIM will humble and teach ME to love enemies like neighbors, as myself, forgiving as I am also forgiven.


     So for anyone that ever thinks it is ME, please understand that it is all HIM. Let HIM in your life so you don't become ME.

Comments

  1. How immensely profound. May God continue his blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Covers

 So for my series LIGHT & DARK I've decided to go with a simple cover and keep a consistent look throughout the series. Here are a couple of potential covers for the first book 'MONSTERS'. All feedback is appreciated! 1.           2.   3.           4.  

For the Love of the Game

So I am a fan of sports, in particular track and field. Now I am not a fanatic. I watch sports and have even tried to play some, but I just enjoy it. It is not anywhere near a priority in life. I probably would have it higher on my list if I had ever been any good at something I played, but unfortunately I was not meant to be an athlete.      Alright enough pontificating, my big word for the day. Time to get to the heart of this post which is playing sports. I feel that everyone should because it helps you become part of a team in many instances, which we all are whether we realize it or not. It also teaches life lessons in perseverance, dealing with stress, improving yourself, setting goals, winning, losing, and how you grow from all the experiences you will have while playing.      Most importantly in sports is the notion of playing fair. I don't care if the person or team I like losses, well that is not completely true, but no matter if they do I just want it to be fair. I

THRONES I

In a far away land there was an Empire with a population that was divided on how the society should be run and who should rule them. Because of the division, very distinct groups formed over time. Nearly half wanted to keep with tradition, while an almost identical sized part of the population favored forgetting the past. The first group was called Traditionalist and the second group was called Progressivist. There is a third smaller group, Indies, that see the value in maintaining traditions, but also knows that without progress there will be stagnation, which has been the downfall of many Empires.       For a long time the Empire had been the unchallenged power of their world, but in the last few decades that preeminence was slipping. It was a time of peril for the land as crops did not produce as they had before. Many lost their farms and homes and had to beg for help so they would not perish. A seemingly never ending war against an enemy, that could be in lands far and wide or