Skip to main content

Second Civil War I


So hopefully the picture and title got your attention. This map breaks down how areas voted in recent elections. Blue democrat and red republican. Not a clear north and south like before, but that won't make a difference if we can't resolve issues that divide us to the point of hating one another. One reason that I think we could find ourselves at war with each other again is because we haven't yet solved our issues on race. So here is something I wrote a while back as part of a series on race in this country I wanted to do and never posted. Since lately I've heard some people talk of the division in this country leading to another civil war I have re-purposed this post as thoughts on how we could avoid such a catastrophe.
     America faces many issues, but in particular we have had issues with race. Things from the past still affect things today, and whether we acknowledge it or not its still happening. I have come to believe that we still have issues with race because we have yet to apply the wisdom of Jesus teachings, in particular his call for repentance, for it is the key to change.

Repentance -  Greek word metanoia, "change of mind" and "regret/remorse"




     You see people haven't repented of their thoughts and actions with regards to race. Some just stop saying or doing certain things, at least in public, but inside our hearts and minds have not changed. We haven't said or felt we were actually wrong or that other people we respect and venerate were wrong in the past, and we therefore feel no remorse or regret. We still can't truthfully see each other as just humans, or more importantly, as children of the MOST HIGH. We can only see race in everything, and we let that one thing drive us apart. We still think that skin color determines who we are instead of the content of our character.
     When you accept Jesus you turn from your old ways and become a new person. For America to change to the new person, the better person we should be, we must repent for our past and present racial issues. We need to speak it out loud and confess it so that it no longer burdens us down. Admit to yourself things you have said and done, and soon you will change.
     Once we repent we will become a nation of new people who, despite our differences, will work together for the common good. We won't be quick to judge every situation by race. We won't only associate with people because of race. We will be concerned when there is tragedy and death with all people not just our own. We will stand up when anyone is wronged, not just our ethnicity. I say it is time for us to repent. Time to change before we come to a point of division in this country that leads us to another civil war. We can still choose to repent our ways or be doomed to repeat the past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Covers

 So for my series LIGHT & DARK I've decided to go with a simple cover and keep a consistent look throughout the series. Here are a couple of potential covers for the first book 'MONSTERS'. All feedback is appreciated! 1.           2.   3.           4.  

For the Love of the Game

So I am a fan of sports, in particular track and field. Now I am not a fanatic. I watch sports and have even tried to play some, but I just enjoy it. It is not anywhere near a priority in life. I probably would have it higher on my list if I had ever been any good at something I played, but unfortunately I was not meant to be an athlete.      Alright enough pontificating, my big word for the day. Time to get to the heart of this post which is playing sports. I feel that everyone should because it helps you become part of a team in many instances, which we all are whether we realize it or not. It also teaches life lessons in perseverance, dealing with stress, improving yourself, setting goals, winning, losing, and how you grow from all the experiences you will have while playing.      Most importantly in sports is the notion of playing fair. I don't care if the person or team I like losses, well that is not completely true, but no matter if they do I just want it to be fair. I

THRONES I

In a far away land there was an Empire with a population that was divided on how the society should be run and who should rule them. Because of the division, very distinct groups formed over time. Nearly half wanted to keep with tradition, while an almost identical sized part of the population favored forgetting the past. The first group was called Traditionalist and the second group was called Progressivist. There is a third smaller group, Indies, that see the value in maintaining traditions, but also knows that without progress there will be stagnation, which has been the downfall of many Empires.       For a long time the Empire had been the unchallenged power of their world, but in the last few decades that preeminence was slipping. It was a time of peril for the land as crops did not produce as they had before. Many lost their farms and homes and had to beg for help so they would not perish. A seemingly never ending war against an enemy, that could be in lands far and wide or